These are our plans for the Autumn Term 2017.......
Our Topics are:
Our Topics are:
- Our Topics are:
- The Romans
- Showing commitment
- Animals and Humans similarities and differences
- Neverland – descriptive writing and editing
- Partitioning and place value
- Philosophy for Children – the bigger picture
Other things we will be looking at this half term will include:
- Why we celebrate special festivals
- About bonfire night and what people do to celebrate
- About festivals of light that are special in different religions, i.e. Hanukkah
- The Christmas Story and why Christmas is an important time for Christians
The Children in Palm Class might like to read:
Information books about bodies, pets, friends and family. They may also like to read books about the Romans and how they emerged, what they left for us etc.
You might like to discuss with your children:
- How you can care for and look after family and friends
- The names of different body parts
- Why we need to keep healthy
- Why people celebrate birthdays, Christmas, Harvest and weddings
- The Christmas Story
To help with our Mathematics work it would be great if you could:
- Look at 3 digit numbers and recognise the place value of each number
- Look at different 2D shapes and 3D shapes and talk about their features
- Make repeating patterns using beads or toys and discuss the pattern
- Look at coins and discuss the coin value.
- Look at an analogue clock and tell the time
- Discuss the difference between area and perimeter
To help with our Literacy work it would be great if you could:
- Encourage the children to proof read and edit their work where necessary
- Encourage them to write with depth and description as well as joining their handwriting
- Share your child's reading book at home and discuss the language they may have struggled with.
- Practice writing the lower case letters correctly
- Help your child to learn their times tables, focusing on 4 to begin with
You might like to look at these websites with your child:
In Palm Class our P.E. days this year are on Monday and Wednesday each week.
Notes from Home:
If you would like tell us about your child's achievements please talk to any member of the team. We really value your comments.
Your child will read to an adult in school most days. Please ensure that your child has their book in school each day. Please support your child with their reading at home by sharing your child’s book with them and making a note in their reading diary. If you spot your child reading and want to send us a picture for our ‘Lost in a book’ display, that would be fantastic. Raffle tickets are given weekly to the children when they have read at home at least 3 times a week.
Homework will be set on a Friday and due back by the following Thursday. This coincides with Paddington being awarded to a child each week.
Concerns or Worries:
Please do not hesitate to contact me via the school office or in person at the beginning or end of the school day if you have any worries or concerns.
Mrs Steer (Palm Class Teacher)
Miss North (Trainee Teacher)
Miss Ellis (Teaching Assistant)
Mrs Watson (Teaching Assistant)