Ethos and Aims
Recognising its historic foundation, the school will preserve and develop its religious character in partnership with the Church of England at parish and diocesan level.
The school aims to serve the whole community by providing an education of the highest quality. It aims to promote Christian values and respect for differing values and cultural diversity through the experience it offers pupils.
The school aims to enable all of its pupils to become:
- Successful learners who enjoy learning, make progress and achieve.
- Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Responsible and caring citizens who have clear values and make a positive contribution to society.
To achieve this we will provide for the physical, social, spiritual, emotional and academic needs of all the children by :
- Offering relevant first hand experiences as a springboard to learning and the development of an inquiring and creative mind.
- Offering a broad and balanced curriculum, which fosters both excellence and enjoyment.
- Ensuring that we achieve the highest standards through excellent teaching and the rigorous monitoring of standards of attainment.
- Ensuring that all adults in the school model a consistent values based approach and have high expectations of children's work and behaviour.
- Fostering each child's ability to take initiative and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Developing positive values and tolerant attitudes towards others both in school and in the community.
- Empowering children to take increasing responsiblity for their own work and behaviour.
- Developing links with the wider community and working in partnership with parents for the benefit of their child.
- Ensuring equality of opportunity for all in every aspect of school life regardless of race, special needs and abilities