At Silsoe Lower School, we believe that every child should be given the opportunity to reach their full potential, academically, spiritually and emotionally. Pupil Premium was introduced by the government in April 2011 and is funding allocated to school to work with pupils who has been registered for free school meals at any point in the last six years (known as ‘Ever 6 FSM’). Schools also receive funding for children who are looked after by the local authority and children whose parents are currently serving in the armed forces.
This funding can be used to support your child’s learning and development. Examples of some of the ways we have used the funding includes the provision of dancing sessions, cooking opportunities, musical instruments lessons, additional adult support and resources of interest to your child. We can also support with paying for school trips, school uniform, swimming, free milk and as they get older (i.e. from Year 3 onwards) they might be able to continue to receive free school meals.
Are you eligible for Pupil Premium?
If you are in receipt of any of the following benefits, you may be eligible for the Pupil Premium:
· Income Support
· Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
· Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
· Support under Part IV of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
· The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
· Child Tax Credit (provided you are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit, and your annual gross income does not exceed £16,190 as
assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs)
· Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
· Universal Credit (during the initial roll-out of this benefit)
The same criteria will also be used to determine whether your child will qualify for a free school meal in Years 3 and 4.
How to apply for Pupil Premium?
If you think you are eligible please call Central Bedfordshire Council on 0300 300 830, advise them that you have a child at Silsoe Lower School and that you may be eligible for the Pupil Premium. Please have the following information ready to share with them:
· National Insurance numbers and dates of birth for you and your partner
· dates of birth for your children
· if you receive support from the National Asylum Support Service, your NASS number
The information you provide will only be used to increase the school’s funding for your child and will remain
This funding is important to support your child and I would strongly urge you to apply if you believe you are eligible.
If you need any further help or information, please call the School office on 01525 860247, speak to the class teacher or Mrs Wright (Hawthorn Teacher) on the playground. Alternatively if you have an non-urgent issue or question feel free to email me on PPChampion@Silsoelower.co.uk and I will check this email every Thursday morning.
Below you can see our budget which shows how we are planning to spend out budget for this year in addition to the quality teaching and support every child receives.